Cebu Doctors’ College (CDC) was founded on May 17, 1975 and was registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on June 29, 1976.
Cebu Doctors’ College of Nursing (CDCN), then under the umbrella of Cebu Doctors’ Hospital (CDH), was authorized to operate by the Department of Education, Culture, and Sports (DECS) in 1973. A sister institution, Cebu Doctors’ College of Medicine (CDCM), a non-stock, non-profit medical foundation, was next established on July 24, 1976. In line with the institution’s objective to offer allied medical courses, six other colleges were subsequently opened: Cebu Doctors’ College of Arts and Sciences (CDCAS) in 1975, Cebu Doctors’ College of Dentistry (CDCD) in 1980, Cebu Doctors’ College of Optometry (CDCO) in 1980, Cebu Doctors’ College of Allied Medical Sciences (CDCAMS) in 1982, Cebu Doctors’ College of Rehabilitative Sciences (CDCRS) in 1992, and Cebu Doctors’ College of Pharmacy (CDCP) in 2004. Cebu Doctors’ College Graduate School opened in 1980.
On November 23, 2004, Cebu Doctors’ College was granted University Status by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), thus the name Cebu Doctors’ University was adopted.
On October 16, 2009, Cebu Doctors’ University attained the CHED Institutional Quality Assurance through Monitoring and Evaluation (IQuAME) Category A(t).
On May 27, 2010, CHED granted the Autonomous Status to Cebu Doctors’ University.
On December 2, 2015, the Department of Education granted Cebu Doctors’ University the authority to operate Senior High School effective Academic Year 2016-2017.
Cebu Doctors’ University (CDU) is an academic health-science oriented institution composed of a graduate school, eight colleges, and the Senior High School, namely:
- Cebu Doctors’ University Graduate School (CDU-GS)
- Cebu Doctors’ University College of Medicine (CDU-CM)
- Cebu Doctors’ University College of Dentistry (CDU-CD)
- Cebu Doctors’ University College of Optometry (CDU-CO)
- Cebu Doctors’ University College of Nursing (CDU-CN)
- Cebu Doctors’ University College of Allied Medical Sciences (CDU-CAMS)
- Cebu Doctors’ University College of Rehabilitative Sciences (CDU-CRS)
- Cebu Doctors’ University College of Pharmacy (CDU-CP)
- Cebu Doctors’ University College of Arts and Sciences (CDU-CAS)
- Cebu Doctors’ University Senior High School (CDU-SHS).
As of Academic Year 2012-2013, the following undergraduate and graduate programs are PAASCU accredited: Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Biology; Master of Arts Major in Educational Management, Master of Arts in Organization Development, and Doctor of Organization Development and Transformation.
The campus is presently located at No. 1 Dr. P. V. Larrazabal Jr. Avenue, North Reclamation, Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines.