The College of Optometry creates a learning system that breeds excellence, generates new frontiers of knowledge through clinical Optometry and community research, and produces highly-qualified, proficient, dedicated and resilient primary eye care providers from the Philippines and Asia.
- Provide a program that will educate Doctors of Optometry to fulfill an expanded role as healthcare providers in the prevention, diagnosis, management, and rehabilitation of ocular and visual disorder.
- Provide high quality vision and health care services to the public through the College’s optometric clinics and outreach programs.
- Conduct research and other scholarly activities which add to the body of knowledge in basic and health services.
- Use the “why” approach mode of instruction in order to develop critical and analytical thinking.
- Form students with the highest ethical and academic qualities through examples from faculty and staff.
- Raise the level of competency of the practicing optometrists by encouraging the pursuit of the life-long learning through the provision of continuing education.
- Operate a fiscally viable college through efficient and effective management practices and marketing, leading to increase financial resources and endowment to further human resource development.
- Develop interpersonal skills for a sensitive and responsive delivery of vision care.
Dr. Prudence Joy H. Cinco
List of Faculty
Full Time Partime
Hazel Pimentel, O.D. Felina Alix, O.D.
Ritchie Suba-an, O.D. Kristia Ramo, O.D
John Lev Gayod, O.D. Sandra Villamor, M.D.
Julius Belamia, O.D.
Faith Andueza, O.D.
Sayuri Sally Osada, O.D.
Elna Amodia, O.D.
Lolita Rocamora (Clinic Receptionist) (In Manila Externship)
Judith Romagos (Contact Lens Lab Technician) Dr. Jesse Caguida
Cipriano Capin Sr. (Ophthalmic Lab Technician) Dr. Carmen Abesamis
Rosemarie Claire E. Gimena (College Secretary Dr. Antonio Joson
Ms. Melanie Mariblanca
Cebu Doctors’ University – Optometry
Phone number: +63(32)238-8333 local 111
Email Address: email@example.com